Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Chest Medicine
National organ transplant Act. Available at: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/STATUTE-98/pdf/STATUTE-98-Pg2339.pdf. Accessed June 13th, 2022.
- Organ procurement and transplantation Network. Final Rule.(Available at:)Accessed June 14, 2022)
- Development of the new lung allocation system in the United States.Am J Transplant. 2006; 6: 1212-1227
- Lung allocation in the United States.Clin Chest Med. 2011; 32: 213-222
- Effect of diagnosis on survival benefit of lung transplantation for end-stage lung disease.Lancet. 1998; 351: 24-27
- How should lungs be allocated for transplant?.Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2018; 39: 126-137
- Non-heart- beating organ transplantation: practice and protocols.National Academy Press, Washington DC2000
- Effect of the lung allocation on lung transplantation in the United States.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2016; 35: 433-439
Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network Thoracic Organ Transplant Committee Chaired by Cliff H. Van Meter Jr. Report of the Thoracic Organ Transplant Committee to the UNOS Board of Directors. Baltimore, MD: November 18-19, 1999.
- A guide to calculating the lung allocation score. UNOS.(Available at:)
- The lung allocation score and its relevance.Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2021; 42: 346-356
OPTN Thoracic Organ Transplantation Committee. Proposed modification to OPTN/UNOS policy 3.7.6 (Lung Allocation) addition of PaC02 in lung allocation system (Thoracic Organ Transplantation Committee), 2006.
OPTN Thoracic Transplantation Committee. Analysis of LAS by diagnosis groups before and after LAS modification in February 2015.2019.
- Characteristics of lung allocation score exception requests submitted to the national Lung Review Board.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2017; 36: 812-814
- Lung and heart allocation in the United States.AJT. 2012; 12: 3213-3234
- Update cohort for calculation of lung allocation score (LAS).https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/media/4206/bp_202012_update-cohort-for-calculation-of-the -lung- allocation- score.pdfDate: 2020Date accessed: May 18, 2022
- Lung transplantation in the United States, 1998-2007.AJT. 2009; 9: 942-958
- OPTN/SRTR 2017 annual data report:lung.AJT. 2019; 19: 404-484
- Organ distribution without geographic boundaries: a possible framework for organ allocation.Am J Transplant. 2018; 18: 2635-2640
- Geographic organ distribution principles and models recommendation report.(Available at:)Accessed May 18, 2022)
- Continuous distribution of lungs.(Available at:)Accessed May 18, 2022)
- Establish continuous distribution of lungs.(Available at:)Accessed May 18, 2022)
- Introduction of the lung allocation score in Germany.Am J Transplant. 2014; 14: 1318-1327
- Lung transplantation in Germany since the introduction of the lung allocation score.Dtsch Arztebl Int. 2017; 114: 179-185
- Waiting list dynamics and lung transplantation outcomes after introduction of the lung allocation score in The Netherlands.Transpl Direct. 2021; 7: e760
- Eurotransplant.(Available at:)Accessed last May 5 2022)
- Urgent lung allocation system in the Scandiatransplant countries.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2018; 37: 1403-1409
- Lung transplantation in Australia, 1986-2018: more than 30 years in the making.Med J Aust. 2018; 208: 445-450
Hwang B, E. Granger, P. Jansz, M et al. Development of a Donor-Recipient Matching Algorithm for Lung Transplantation in Australia. 2021;4: S-68.
- Clinical judgment versus lung allocation score in predicting lung transplant waitlist mortality.Clin Transplant. 2020; 34: e13870
- Outcomes of lung transplantation at a Canadian center using donors declined in the United States.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2022; 164: 1661-1668
No conflicts of interest to report.
Of note: All authors WT, EL, MB serve as volunteers on committees within the United Network of Organ Sharing (UNOS).