Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Chest Medicine
- The International Thoracic Organ Transplant Registry of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation: Thirty-eighth adult lung transplantation report - 2021; Focus on recipient characteristics.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2021; 40: 1060-1072
- Longevity of patients with cystic fibrosis in 2000 to 2010 and beyond: survival analysis of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation patient registry.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 161: 233-241
- OPTN/SRTR 2017 annual data report: lung.Am J Transpl. 2019 Feb; 19: 404-484
- Prediction of mortality in patients with cystic fibrosis.New Engl J Med. 1992; 326: 1187-1191
- Heterogeneity in survival in adult patients with cystic fibrosis with FEV1 < 30% of predicted in the United States.Chest. 2017; 151: 1320-1328
- VX17-445-102 Study Group. Elexacaftor-Tezacaftor-Ivacaftor for Cystic Fibrosis with a Single Phe508del Allele.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 1809-1819
- VX17-445-103 Trial Group. Efficacy and safety of the elexacaftor plus tezacaftor plus ivacaftor combination regimen in people with cystic fibrosis homozygous for the F508del mutation: a double-blind, randomised, phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2019 pii; S0140-6736: 32597-32598
- Developing cystic fibrosis lung transplant referral criteria using predictors of 2-year mortality.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2002; 166: 1550-1555
- Prediction of mortality and timing of referral for lung transplantation in cystic fibrosis patients.Pediatr Transplant. 2001; 5: 339-342
- Cystic fibrosis physicians' perspectives on the timing of referral for lung transplant evaluation: a survey of physicians in the United States.BMC Pulm Med. 2017 Jan 19; 17: 21https://doi.org/10.1186/s12890-017-0367-9
- CF lung transplant referral guidelines committee. Lung transplant referral for individuals with cystic fibrosis: cystic fibrosis foundation consensus guidelines.J Cyst Fibros. 2019; 18: 321-333
Perez AA, Singer JP, Schwartz BS, et al. Management and clinical outcomes after lung transplantation in patients with pre-transplant Mycobacterium abscessus infection: a single center experience. Transpl Infect Dis. 2019;21(3):e13084
Raats D, Lorent N, Saegeman V, et al. Successful lung transplantation for chronic Mycobacterium abscessus infection in advanced cystic fibrosis, a case series. Transpl Infect Dis. 2019;21(2):e13046.
Hamad Y, Pilewski JM, Morrell M, et al. Outcomes in lung transplant recipients with Mycobacterium abscessus infection: a 15-year experience from a large Tertiary care center. Transpl Proc. 2019;51(6):2035-2042.
Dedrick RM, Guerrero-Bustamante CA, Garlena RA, et al. Engineered bacteriophages for treatment of a patient with a disseminated drug-resistant Mycobacterium abscessus. Nat Med. 2019;25(5):730-733.
Nash KL, Allison ME, McKeon D, et al. A single centre experience of liver disease in adults with cystic fibrosis 1995-2006. J cystic fibrosis : official J Eur Cystic Fibrosis Soc 2008;7:252-257.
Rowland M, Gallagher CG, O'Laoide R, et al. Outcome in cystic fibrosis liver disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2011;106:104-109.
Nash EF, Volling C, Gutierrez CA, et al. Outcomes of patients with cystic fibrosis undergoing lung transplantation with and without cystic fibrosis-associated liver cirrhosis. Clin Transplant 2012;26:34-41.
Salman J, Grannas G, Ius F, et al. The liver-first approach for combined lung and liver transplantation. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2018;54(6):1122-1127
Lederer DJ, Wilt JS, D'Ovidio F, et al. Obesity and underweight are associated with an increased risk of death after lung transplantation. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2009;180:887-895.
- Underweight patients with cystic fibrosis are suitable candidates for lung transplantation.Chest. 2020; 157: 898-906
- Low vitamin D levels are associated with increased rejection and infections after lung transplantation.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2012; 31: 700-707
- Consensus document for the selection of lung transplant candidates: An update from the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2021; 40: 1349-1379
- Pediatric and adult lung transplantation for cystic fibrosis.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1998; 115 (; discussion 13-4): 404-413
- Double-lung transplantation for cystic fibrosis. The cystic fibrosis transplant study group.Ann Thorac Surg. 1992; 54: 27-31
- Evolving techniques and perspectives in lung transplantation.Transplant Proc. 2005; 37: 2682-2683
- Bilateral sequential lung transplantation without sternal division eliminates posttransplantation sternal complications.The J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1999; 117: 358-364
- Living-related donor lobectomy for bilateral lobar transplantation in patients with cystic fibrosis.Ann Thorac Surg. 1994; 57 (; discussion 8): 1423-1427
- Living-donor lobar lung transplantation provides similar survival to cadaveric lung transplantation even for very ill patients.Eur J cardio-thoracic Surg : official J Eur Assoc Cardio-thoracic Surg. 2015; 47: 967-973
- Perioperative complications after living donor lobectomy.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2000; 120: 909-915
- Pneumothorax in cystic fibrosis.Chest. 2005; 128: 720-728
Meachery G, De Soyza A, Nicholson A, et al. Outcomes of lung transplantation for cystic fibrosis in a large UK cohort. Thorax 2008;63:725-731.
Hadjiliadis D, Steele MP, Chaparro C, et al. Survival of lung transplant patients with cystic fibrosis harboring panresistant bacteria other than Burkholderia cepacia, compared with patients harboring sensitive bacteria. J Heart Lung Transplant : official Publ Int Soc Heart Transplant 2007;26:834-838.
- Outcomes in cystic fibrosis lung transplant recipients infected with organisms labeled as pan-resistant: an ISHLT Registry‒based analysis.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2019 May; 38: 545-552
- The effects of panresistant bacteria in cystic fibrosis patients on lung transplant outcome.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1997; 155: 1699-1704
- Impact of burkholderia infection on lung transplantation in cystic fibrosis.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008; 178: 363-371
- Survival after lung transplantation of cystic fibrosis patients infected with Burkholderia dolosa (genomovar VI).Clin Transpl. 2018 May; 32: e13236
- Survival after lung transplantation of cystic fibrosis patients infected with Burkholderia cepacia complex.Am J Transplant. 2008; 8: 1025-1030
Boussaud V, Guillemain R, Grenet D, et al. Clinical outcome following lung transplantation in patients with cystic fibrosis colonised with Burkholderia cepacia complex: results from two French centres. Thorax 2008;63:732-737.
- Pre-transplant factors associated with mortality after lung transplantation in cystic fibrosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Cyst Fibros. 2019 May; 18: 407-415
- Clinical and demographic factors associated with post-lung transplantation survival in individuals with cystic fibrosis.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2015 Sep; 34: 1139-1145
- Pan-resistant achromobacter xylosoxidans and Stenotrophomonas maltophilia infection in cystic fibrosis does not reduce survival after lung transplantation.Transplantation. 2015; 99: 2196-2202
- Association between respiratory tract methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and survival in cystic fibrosis.JAMA. 2010; 303: 2386-2392
- Pretransplant Aspergillus colonization of cystic fibrosis patients and the incidence of post-lung transplant invasive aspergillosis.Transplantation. 2014; 97: 351-357
- 10 years of prophylaxis with nebulized liposomal amphotericin B and the changing epidemiology of Aspergillus spp. infection in lung transplantation.Transpl Int. 2016 Jan; 29: 51-62
- Disseminated Scedosporium apiospermum infection in a cystic fibrosis patient after double-lung transplantation.J Heart Lung Transplant : official Publ Int Soc Heart Transplant. 2006; 25: 603-607
- Nontuberculous mycobacteria. I: multicenter prevalence study in cystic fibrosis.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2003; 167: 828-834
- Nontuberculous mycobacteria. II: nested-cohort study of impact on cystic fibrosis lung disease.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2003; 167: 835-840
- Non-tuberculous mycobacteria in end stage cystic fibrosis: implications for lung transplantation.Thorax. 2006; 61: 507-513
- Lung transplant outcomes in cystic fibrosis patients with pre-operative Mycobacterium abscessus respiratory infections.Clin Transplant. 2013; 27: 523-529
- Lung transplantation in patients with cystic fibrosis and Mycobacterium abscessus infection.J cystic fibrosis. 2010; 9: 272-276
- Nontuberculous mycobacterial disease is not a contraindication to lung transplantation in patients with cystic fibrosis: a retrospective analysis in a Danish patient population.Transplant Proc. 2013; 45: 342-345
- Impact of sinus surgery on pseudomonal airway colonization, bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome and survival in cystic fibrosis lung transplant recipients.Respiration; Int Rev Thorac Dis. 2013; 86: 25-31
- Pseudomonal airway colonisation: risk factor for bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome after lung transplantation?.The Eur Respir J. 2008; 31: 1037-1045
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa colonization of the allograft after lung transplantation and the risk of bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome.Transplantation. 2008; 85: 771-774
- Posttransplant sinus surgery in lung transplant recipients with cystic fibrosis: a single institutional experience.Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2013; 270: 135-139
- The effect of sinus surgery with intensive follow-up on pathogenic sinus bacteria in patients with cystic fibrosis.Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2013; 27: e1-e4
- Extensive surgical and comprehensive postoperative medical management for cystic fibrosis chronic rhinosinusitis.Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2012; 26: 70-75
- Medical management of chronic rhinosinusitis in cystic fibrosis: a systematic review.Laryngoscope. 2014; 124: 1308-1313
- Sinus surgery postpones chronic Gram-negative lung infection: cohort study of 106 patients with cystic fibrosis.Rhinology. 2016; 54: 206-213
- Increased rate of fractures and severe kyphosis: sequelae of living into adulthood with cystic fibrosis.Ann Intern Med. 1998; 128: 186-193
- Efficacy of pamidronate for osteoporosis in patients with cystic fibrosis following lung transplantation.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2000; 162: 941-946
- Efficacy of alendronate in adults with cystic fibrosis with low bone density.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2004; 169: 77-82
- Cystic fibrosis-related diabetes: current trends in prevalence, incidence, and mortality.Diabetes care. 2009; 32: 1626-1631
- Clinical importance of cystic fibrosis-related diabetes.J cystic fibrosis : official J Eur Cystic Fibrosis Soc. 2004; 3: 209-222
- Diabetes is a major risk factor for mortality after lung transplantation.Am J Transplant : official J Am Soc Transplant Am Soc Transpl Surgeons. 2014; 14: 438-445
- Development of the new lung allocation system in the United States.Am J Transpl. 2006; 6: 1212-1227
- Effect of the lung allocation score on lung transplantation in the United States.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2016; 35: 433-439
- The lung lawsuit: a case study in organ allocation policy and administrative law.J Health Biomed. 2018; XIV: 139-148
- Effect of broader geographic sharing of donor lungs on lung transplant waitlist outcomes.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2019; 38: 136-144
- Pre-transplant mechanical ventilation and outcome in patients with cystic fibrosis.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2003; 22: 433-438
- Lung transplantation for ventilator-dependent respiratory failure.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2009; 28: 347-351
- Lung transplantation for cystic fibrosis: current concepts and one center's experience.J cystic fibrosis. 2007; 6: 334-350
- Non-invasive ventilation for cystic fibrosis.Cochrane database Syst Rev. 2013; 4: CD002769
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation as a bridge to lung transplant: midterm outcomes.Ann Thorac Surg. 2011; 92 (; discussion 31-2): 1226-1231
- Efficacy of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation as a bridge to lung transplantation.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2013; 145 (; discussion 70-1): 1065-1070
- Ambulatory venovenous extracorporeal respiratory support as a bridge for cystic fibrosis patients to emergent lung transplantation.J cystic fibrosis. 2012; 11: 40-45
- Use of lung transplantation survival models to refine patient selection in cystic fibrosis.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005; 171: 1053-1059
- Lung transplantation and survival in children with cystic fibrosis.New Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 2143-2152
- Lung transplantation and survival in children with cystic fibrosis: solid statistics--flawed interpretation.Pediatr Transplant. 2008; 12: 129-136
- Survival benefit of lung transplant for cystic fibrosis since lung allocation score implementation.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013; 187: 1335-1340
- Validation of the SF-36 for the assessment of quality of life in adolescents and adults with cystic fibrosis.J cystic fibrosis. 2002; 1: 137-145
- Quality of life in cystic fibrosis: the impact of gender, general health perceptions and disease severity.J cystic fibrosis. 2003; 2: 206-213
- Improved quality of life after lung transplantation in individuals with cystic fibrosis.Pediatr pulmonology. 2004; 37: 419-426
Burker EJ, Carels RA, Thompson LF, et al. Quality of life in patients awaiting lung transplant: cystic fibrosis versus other end-stage lung diseases. Pediatr pulmonology 2000;30:453-460.
- Associations between clinical variables and quality of life in adults with cystic fibrosis.J cystic fibrosis. 2005; 4: 59-66
- Effects of recipient age and diagnosis on health-related quality of life benefit of lung transplantation.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2015; 192: 965-973https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201501-0126OC
- Measuring the quality of life before and after bilateral lung transplantation in patients with cystic fibrosis.Chest. 1994; 105: 911-917
- Report of the ISHLT working group on primary lung graft dysfunction, part I: definition and grading-A 2016 consensus group statement of the international Society for heart and lung transplantation.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2017; 36: 1097-1103
- Report of the international Society for heart and lung transplantation working group on primary lung graft dysfunction, part II: epidemiology, risk factors, and outcomes-A 2016 consensus group statement of the international Society for heart and lung transplantation.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2017; 36: 1104-1113
- Report of the ISHLT working group on primary lung graft dysfunction Part III: mechanisms: A 2016 consensus group statement of the international Society for heart and lung transplantation.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2017; 36: 1114-1120
- Report of the ISHLT working group on primary lung graft dysfunction Part IV: prevention and treatment: a 2016 consensus group statement of the international Society for heart and lung transplantation.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2017; 36: 1121-1136
- Lung transplant outcomes group. Quantitative evidence for revising the definition of primary graft dysfunction after lung transplant.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018; 197: 235-243
- ISHLT Consensus Statement on adult and pediatric airway complications after lung transplantation: definitions, grading system, and therapeutics.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2018; 37: 548-563
- The effect of lung size mismatch on complications and resource utilization after bilateral lung transplantation.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2012; 31: 492-500
- Parametric response mapping as an imaging biomarker in lung transplant recipients.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017; 195: 942-952
- Prophylactic azithromycin therapy after lung transplantation: post hoc analysis of a randomized controlled trial.Am J Transpl. 2016; 16: 254-261
- Montelukast in chronic lung allograft dysfunction after lung transplantation.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2019; 38: 516-527
- Bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome-free survival after lung transplantation: an international Society for heart and lung transplantation thoracic transplant registry analysis.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2019; 38: 5-16
- Chronic lung allograft dysfunction: Definition and update of restrictive allograft syndrome-A consensus report from the Pulmonary Council of the ISHLT.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2019; 38: 483-492
- Chronic lung allograft dysfunction: Definition, diagnostic criteria, and approaches to treatment-A consensus report from the Pulmonary Council of the ISHLT.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2019; 38: 493-503
- Effect of including important clinical variables on accuracy of the lung allocation score for cystic fibrosis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2019 Jun; 14https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201902-0252OC
Quon BS, Psoter K, Mayer-Hamblett N, et al. Disparities in access to lung transplantation for patients with cystic fibrosis by socioeconomic status. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2012;186:1008-1013.
- National healthcare delivery systems influence lung transplant outcomes for cystic fibrosis.Am J Transplant. 2015; 15: 1948-1957
- A CFTR potentiator in patients with cystic fibrosis and the G551D mutation.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 1663-1672
- Effects of ivacaftor in patients with cystic fibrosis who carry the G551D mutation and have severe lung disease.Chest. 2014; 146: 152-158
- The use of ivacaftor in an adult with severe lung disease due to cystic fibrosis (DeltaF508/G551D).J Cyst Fibros. 2013; 12: 530-531
- Effect of ivacaftor in patients with advanced cystic fibrosis and a G551D-CFTR mutation: safety and efficacy in an expanded access program in the United States.J Cyst Fibros. 2016; 15: 116-122
- Ivacaftor improves lung disease in patients with advanced CF carrying CFTR mutations that confer residual function.Respir Med. 2020; 171: 106073
- VX-445-Tezacaftor-Ivacaftor in Patients with Cystic Fibrosis and One or Two Phe508del Alleles.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 1612-1620
- Elexacaftor-Tezacaftor-Ivacaftor for Cystic Fibrosis with a Single Phe508del Allele.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 1809-1819
- Efficacy and safety of the elexacaftor plus tezacaftor plus ivacaftor combination regimen in people with cystic fibrosis homozygous for the F508del mutation: a double-blind, randomised, phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2019; 394: 1940-1948
- Rapid improvement after Starting elexacaftor-tezacaftor-ivacaftor in patients with cystic fibrosis and advanced pulmonary disease.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2021; 204: 64-73
- Disease progression in patients with cystic fibrosis treated with ivacaftor: data from national US and UK registries.J Cyst Fibros. 2020; 19: 68-79
- Ivacaftor withdrawal syndrome in cystic fibrosis patients with the G551D mutation.J Cyst Fibros. 2018; 17: e13-e16
- Use of elexacaftor/tezacaftor/ivacaftor among cystic fibrosis lung transplant recipients..J Cyst Fibros. 2022; 21: 745-752
- Cystic fibrosis foundation consensus statements for the care of cystic fibrosis lung transplant recipients..J Heart Lung Transplant. 2021; 40: 539-556
- Sustained effectiveness of elexacaftor-tezacaftor-ivacaftor in lung transplant candidates with cystic fibrosis..J Cyst Fibros. 2022; 21: 489-496
- Type-1 immunity and endogenous immune regulators predominate in the airway transcriptome during chronic lung allograft dysfunction.Am J Transplant. 2021; 21: 2145-2160